Headlines News :
Home » » Implications of Metastatic Lung Cancer

Implications of Metastatic Lung Cancer

Lung carcinomas can be a primary cancer or be the result of another cancer metastasis. The two conditions are very different, although the treatment generally follows very similar courses.

Metastatic Cancer to the Lungs

Metastatic lung cancer can occur when certain other cancers elude either detection or treatment and spread to the lungs. According to the National Institutes of Health, all cancers can metastasize into lung tissue but some of the cancers that will most commonly do so include: bladder cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, kidney cancer, neuroblastoma, prostrate cancer and sarcoma.

Treatment of Metastatic Lung Cancers

The most common treatment for any form of secondary cancer is chemotherapy. The key is to focus on the primary tumor while still treating the metastasis in its own right. One of the challenges in treating metastatic lung cancer is that not all of the tumors are large enough to appear on a CAT or PET scan. In some instances, if the area of tumor spread is consolidated in a single portion of a lung, a lobectomy or other surgery may be in order once the primary tumor is in remission or removed.

Places Lung Carcinoma May Metastasize

If your primary cancer is in the lungs, there is strong chance it may metastasize to other parts of the body. Some of the most common places for lung cancer to travel include the lymphatic system, the nervous system, and to the bones.

By doing specific tests regarding the structure of the cancer cells, physicians can usually determine the origin of the particular cancer. Secondary brain tumors to primary lung carcinoma still carry the structure of the lung tissue from which the cancer originally formed.

This can be useful to doctors in developing an overall treatment program because, at times, secondary cancers are found prior to the primary disease. For example, headaches from a secondary brain tumor that are removed and biopsied may yield a diagnosis of primary lung carcinoma.

Any metastasis from or to the lung is generally a condition with a poor prognosis. However, its discovery can yield more effective treatment and better quality of life as a result.


I for one know there's a ton of lung cancer information scattered all around the web, and I know it can be somewhat depressing to go through much of it. I have compiled all that researched so it might benefit others. I put many months of research into a useful guide. There's no charge of course and I think you'll appreciate the simplicity of it. Its at MyLungCancerGuide.com. While you are there, you'll find this article about Metastatic Lung Cancer and many other very straight forward, helpful articles.
Share this post :

+ comments + 2 comments

October 13, 2016 at 12:17 PM

How i survived lungs cancer.
I was diagnosed of lung cancer in 2011 and the doctor (oncologist), because i was a chronic smoker who started smoking from 16 and told me i had just two years to live that my lungs had been damaged, that even on the best medication i still had two years. I needed help because i was scared to die and i did chemotherapy, radiotherapy and it was unable to treat or help me. I coughed nearly every minute. In my death clock counting just 6 months remaining, if you knew me then i was good as dead because the cancer had eaten me up. My wife was fortunate enough to contact doctor Amber, a herbal doctor who came and treated me in our house using his medicine and that is how i was saved (where western medicine and methods failed), that was the greatest decision my wife had taken aside marrying me. Today i am totally fine without any symptoms of cancer, it was all confirmed by my oncologist that i am clean. Do not die in silence or rely only on western medicine herbal medicine is very effective. You can contact the doctor on (drambermurray@gmail.com) for more information about his treatment.

October 13, 2016 at 12:18 PM

How i survived lungs cancer.
I was diagnosed of lung cancer in 2011 and the doctor (oncologist), because i was a chronic smoker who started smoking from 16 and told me i had just two years to live that my lungs had been damaged, that even on the best medication i still had two years. I needed help because i was scared to die and i did chemotherapy, radiotherapy and it was unable to treat or help me. I coughed nearly every minute. In my death clock counting just 6 months remaining, if you knew me then i was good as dead because the cancer had eaten me up. My wife was fortunate enough to contact doctor Amber, a herbal doctor who came and treated me in our house using his medicine and that is how i was saved (where western medicine and methods failed), that was the greatest decision my wife had taken aside marrying me. Today i am totally fine without any symptoms of cancer, it was all confirmed by my oncologist that i am clean. Do not die in silence or rely only on western medicine herbal medicine is very effective. You can contact the doctor on (drambermurray@gmail.com) for more information about his treatment.

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Info All Search - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger